¡PLAN YOUR TRIP!
REGION OF ANTOFAGASTA
ANTOFAGASTA: La perla del norte, or the pearl of the north, is a city between the desert and the sea. With surprising geological formations, cliffs, warm waters and beautiful native flora and fauna, the region's capital is also the birthplace of Chile's nitrate extraction era
CALAMA: Known as the land of sun and copper, with a vibrant spirit brought to the city by the miners of the Chuquicamata copper deposit, which can be seen from all parts of the city. With its services and conveniences, Calama is the starting point for expeditions to the villages of the interior.
SAN PEDRO DE ATACAMA: An oasis of human, geological and cultural contrasts. In the world's most arid desert, this is the starting point for a number of journeys that will transport you to unique and incomparably beautiful landscapes, where wildlife can be found in its natural habitat.
- Visit the Tropic of Capricorn, La Portada, the Heritage Circuit, the Huanchaca Ruins, the seafront, artificial beaches, the Historic Pier and take a boat trip around the bay of Antofagasta.
"Journey to the Stars":
- Visit the Cerro Paranal observatory.
- Astro-photography experience at the Hand of the Desert monument.
"Boat Tour of the Peninsula":
- Boat trip from Mejillones to explore the northern peninsula, with a chance to see marine birds, whales (depending on the season), penguins, sea lion colonies and the Punta Angamos.
"Nitrate Era Circuit":
- Visit to the Chug-Chug Archeological Park. Heritage circuit of nitrate-era towns. Tour of the historical settlements of Maria Elena, Pedro de Valdivia and Chacabuco.
- Tour of the town and shoreline of Taltal, visiting beaches such as Cifuncho (for photographs and video). Return via the Quebrada del Médano canyon, with trekking and tour of flora and cave art.
"Atacama Desert by Air:
- Private air transfer from Andres Sabella Airport to the airstrip at San Pedro de Atacama (return). Visit to the Puritama Hot Springs.Lunch. *Flight time from Antofagasta – SPA: around 1:40 minutes
LONGER TOURS(2 DAYS OR MORE):
"Helicopter Tour of San Pedro de Atacama":
- • Transfer toAndres SabellaAirport.
- • Private air transfer fromAeropuerto Andres Sabella to San Pedro de Atacama (SPA) airstrip.
- • Welcome drink for passengers at SPA airstrip.
- • Transfer toPuritama Hot Springs. Visit to Puritama Hot Springs.
- • Transfer from Puritama Hot Springs to restaurant in SPA.
- • Return to Hotel in SPA.
- • Transfer from Hotel in SPA to airstrip.
- • 30-minute panoramic sightseeing flightover SPA (Valley of the Moon, Salt Mountains, Quitor Fort, Catarpe Valley, town of SPA).
- • Return to SPA airstrip.
- • Overland tour of salt lakes: Ojos del Salar, Laguna Cejar (chance to swim) and Tebinquinche.
- • Cocktail at Laguna Tebinquinche.
- • Transfer from Laguna Tebinquinche to airstrip.
- • Private air transfer from SPA to Andres Sabella Airport.
- • Transfer from Andres Sabella Airport to hotel. *Flight time from Antofagasta – SPA: around 1:40 minutes
TOURIST INFORMATION OFFICE
- Addres: Arturo Prat street #384, Floor 1
- Phone: +56 55 2451818
- Mail: email@example.com.
- Addres: Granaderos street # 1690
- Phone: +56 55 2531707
- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Pedro de Atacama
- Addres: Toconao street # 405
- Phone: +56 55 2851420
- Mail: email@example.com.